Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: -Enigma-

Thinking of you @Former-Member

Night night. 💜💖

download-3.jpg

images-262.jpg

Morning @Former-Member@Former-Member@Former-Member@Appleblossom 

Hoping everyone is ok ❤

I am ruminating on a new social situation which is troubling me.  Thought I would put it out there and ask for your comments.  I met a lady in a choir who runs a recorder group and I started with them (3 rehearsals), but she is very controlling, oppositional and ambitious. I have been trying to do my "fit in" thing and blend and keep up. She paraphrases me incorrectly, and I am thinking of pulling out. She teaches littlies and knows I am a piano teacher, but has no sense of respect.  Her husband and her run a studio and my son wants to set one up again with me.  We are in different cities so she should not be rivalrous .. eye roll ... I accepted her leadership but feel she want to drill me into the ground to prove it.

I dont want to throw out the baby with the bath water ... often ... my issue ... sigh

I am thinking of sending a note ...but to both her and husband on the web site (tho private)... rather than just the private phone no and email I have of her.  Her hub is rhthym section in the group.  If she pulled her head in a bit and had respect I would cope.

Any ideas.

@Appleblossom ive no idea on how to help but im with you  whatever decison you  make 💜

@Former-Member@Former-Member 💖

@Former-Member

Hoping that your going ok. Thinking of you images-196.jpg

images-193.jpg

Thanks @outlander I sent email and am pulling out of group. My neck started to go along with sciatica. I have zero tolerance for stoopid oneupmanship. Its just the way it is for me now.  Got a great concert on tonight and tomorrow. Two very different styles and groups so its exciting ... chin up... up and at 'em .. and all that.

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom

I hope your neck and back get better soon. 

Tske it easy 

BB xxoo

Thank you @BlueBay

I pulled through. First concert was harder pain wise, but 2nd concert ended up being more fun as back began to settle.

I think it is about me calling out a mismatch and moving on quickly without investing too much energy or emotion into something that was flawed from the start. @outlander  There are many opportunities.

Thinking of you @Former-Member Hope your sale and your daughter are going reasonably ...

Heart

Im glad both concerts were good @Appleblossom despite the pain
I think the way you handled it was quite well. Good on you for trusting in your own instincts.

@Former-Member ❤ ❤
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thinking of you @Former-Member and wondering if you are ok. 💜💖🌷🚆🌺🌺

Missing you @Former-Member hope your ok ❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance