Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Med side effects

I am really worried because I just read that antipsychotics can cause brain atrophy and this might explain why it feels like my brain is slowly dying. I am also pre diabetic because of the meds and I don't want to get diabetes either I honestly don't know what to do I can refuse to take them and then get chucked back in hospital and forced to take them or I can just keep getting physically sicker idk what to do no one is listening to my concerns. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Med side effects

Hey @Eden1919 that is a really tough spot to be in. I am really hearing you that it sounds like no one wants to listen. Do you have a good team of mh professionals on your side? It's always an option to seek a second, third, or fourth opinion if you aren't being heard, and aren't getting your needs met. 

Hi. I hope your good.im listening to you if that helps.

@Jynx  I am on a treatment order so I can't get a second opinion plus I have already had more than one opinion in the past.

@Sgj thank you for listening. 

Hi eden1919. I'm sorry it took so long for me to say something again I keep getting lost on here and takes me ages to to find where I was. I think I know how you feel. When I was younger my brain was very broken and they put me in a phyc hospital.they loaded me up with so much meds I was in a fog 24/7 ,I tried to refuse a couple of times but that made things worst. I would be upended and they would hit me with the needle instead. I tried so hard to tell them I was better but they wouldn't believe me.they said it's a court order so they can do what they want. I know I came out of that place more broken than when I went in. The only thing we can do is one day at a time. I hope you will be ok, we've both taken a big leap just getting on here. You are not alone. 

Sorry I got mixed up. I just read your message again and I was totally of track. I'm very sorry.

I won't annoy you again

Ohhh I'm so sorry @Eden1919 that is a really crappy position to be in. I can only imagine how helpless and worried you are because of this. I wish I had an answer for you... the only thing I can think of is to perhaps seek assistance from a mental health advocacy service? 

@Sgj PS if you want members to be notified when you respond to their posts, you can tag them using the @ symbol and choosing their name from the drop down so it appears in blue (you can also type their name out to search them if they don't appear in the drop down at first).

😉😁 

@Sgj you aren’t annoying me sometimes i just take a while to reply 

@Jynx i have tried mental health advocacy before and they dont really do anything helpful. 

What do you mean that it feels like your brain is slowly dying?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance