Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Rosewood
Contributor

Vent?

I have been feeling really depressed and alone all school holidays, and even more stressed that school is next week and they put me in a class full of people that don’t like me and bully me on top of that I’m on my own, reason why I’m stressed and scared is because bullying is the reason my mental health is so bad and the school dosent understand that, they just think I will get over it and I will be fine when in reality I know I won’t , the bright side is this is my last year of high school then my schooling is done but I’m also stressed about the outside world, people have been saying I wouldn’t survive because the way I am and that I better be better by 18 so now I’m faking to be happy so everyone thinks I’m good when I’m really not, I’m just stuck.

sorry for the long rant but thank you for listening ❤️

Rosewood🌹

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Vent?

Hi @Rosewood, glad that you've found a place here where you don't have to fake being happy.  Sorry that the school holidays have been leaving you feeling down and alone.

One thing I wish I could have known when I was at school, getting bullied and having a rough time is that the school is not the rest of your life.  In my experience, life after was a whole lot different.  The opportunity to get out, start working (or do more study) and meet a completely different set of people of all ages made school seem a distant memory only a few months after leaving, and those bullies really faded into the background.  So I really hope that's something you will get to experience too, as it is something to look forward to.

Hi @Rosewood ,

Thanks for coming onto the SANE forums and feeling comfortable to open up and share your recent struggles. I hope on these forums you can feel okay to just be how you are and not feel the need to fake your emotions.

I can see why you are feeling stuck at the moment. High school is rough especially with bullying and school administration not helping. Are there any teachers or counsellors at the school you trust enough to talk to? Having someone on your side that you can talk to can make such a difference.

As the other reply said, from my own experience I think life after school is such a different and unique experience. You aren't stuck just interacting with the same group of people you have for the past 6 or even 13 years of school and you actually get to meet so many people who are like you as well as study or work in something you are passionate about. I think everyones experience of life after school is so unique to the individual person and I hope this gives you a little bit of hope about the experiences you'll be able to have once school is finished.

Also, I just want you to know that there is no timeline on your mental health and recovery. Your mental health journey is your own so don't feel like you have to be better by 18. Just take each day as it comes and be kind to yourself. And don't feel like you need to apologise for venting on here! We are here to help so please vent away.

I hope your first week back at school was okay!

Thank you so much for the support I went back yesterday and this is my second day and honestly wasn’t great 

Content/trigger warning
got called fat and a cutting board because of my scars now I wear a jumper in 35 degree weather 

Hi Rosewood,

That sounds intense. I'm sorry that your first days back weren't good. People can just be so mean sometimes. I mentioned last time about finding a teacher or counsellor that you felt safe to talk with, were you able to do that at all?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance