Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Update on email notification issue for members using Gmail

Nice one. Thanks for double checking that for us @CheerBear. I'll get back to you as soon as I have a bit more information. Hope you enjoy your afternoon ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hey @CheerBear

Our tech team have done some testing this afternoon and haven't yet gotten to the bottom of it yet. They've asked me to check in with you to see whether you have the following setting enabled: Ignore posts and reviews that I've already read. 

Thanks for helping us figure it out @CheerBear

I have "ignore posts and reviews I've already read" checked @Margot.

My "email format" settings are set to the default settings, just in case that may make a difference also.

Thanks for looking in to it โ˜บ

Thanks @CheerBear That's really useful info and will help with our investigation. 

As a heads up, our tech team have let me know this one might take a little while to figure out but we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience ๐ŸŒป

@CheerBear I don't receive emails when an image is attached either but I am not on gmail. It seems the issue for me may be that since the new format andy emails with images attached are too big and therefore stopped by my provider from coming through - @Margot is this the case with the new system - is the size of emails with attachments much larger than the previous system? I know the graphics are better in the Responsive format so wondering if that also increases the size of images posted as well.

Great question @Zoe7. I'll do a bit of investigating. Stay tuned!

Just following up for your question @Zoe7. Looks like the image size hasn't changed since the forum enhancements. It could be the case that your service provider may be blocking images because they are too large though. Could be worth checking with your provider on that one. Great question ๐Ÿฆ‰

I have already asked that question to my provider and it seems that that is the case. I was wondering whether there is something similar going on for others on here - I know they are using a different platform than I am but the issue with getting emails when linked to a post with an image seems to be the same. @Margot

BTW - I received these emails (ones with images in the post) before we changed to the Responsive format - it is only since then that I have had this issue with them being too large.

Nice one, thanks @Zoe7 And apologies too if we've recommend that before. I've had a chat with our tech team and they'll do a bit of testing to see if they can figure out what might be happening for you. If anybody else is experiencing this issue too, please let us know here. Thanks for your patience as we try and work it out. 

I went through this with @Lauz several weeks ago @Margot. I changed my email account to another one I have to test it out and the emails from posts with images came through there ok  (I can't use that account all the time though) - so we know there is nothing wrong with my settings it is only an issue being sent to the account I use most often. I know there is a limit on the size of emails I can receive and I specifically asked if that had changed  - the answer was no it is as it has always been - and as I said it has only been since the Responsie format has been in place - not sure there is a solution here Smiley Sad

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance