Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Update on email notification issue for members using Gmail

Nice one. Thanks @CheerBear and @eth. I've passed on that information and hopefully it will help with figuring out what might be happening for you both. We'll update you with any new information as soon as possible ๐ŸŒป

Hello again @eth@CheerBear. I hope you're doing well. As a quick update on the progress of our troubleshooting, I wanted to pass on that our tech team have been able to replicate the issue you've been experiencing. Now that they know a bit more about what's happening, they'll continue investigations to see how they might be able to fix the issue. We'll keep you in the loop with any further progress. 

@Margot just to add more confusion here - I received an email for a post with an image when that post was edited - did not receive the post as an email in the first instance it was posted though. 

How interesting @Zoe7! I wonder what might be going on there ๐Ÿค” I'll pass it on for our tech team to take a look at too. Thanks for letting us know. 

Thanks @Margot I did find it interesting that that happened - the size of the file didn't change so can't see why one would get through and the other didn't - very interesting!

Hi @Zoe7@eth@CheerBear, after a whole lot of investigative work, our tech team have come back to us to let us know what's happening for you. 

As you know, our moderation system requires all of our images to be moderated before publishing to the forums. This helps us to keep the community safe. However, this has an impact on notifications for images, meaning that no email notifications are sent about images at all. This applies not only to those using Gmail, but to all members. 

From what we can gather, your experience of being notified about a post that had been edited occurred as the image had already been moderated in the original post @Zoe7  That's a bit of an anomoly!

Where to from here?

While our current system doesn't have the capability to change this, it is something we will look to improve upon down the track as we continue to enhance the forums.

I know this might not be the solution you're after @eth@CheerBear@Zoe7 and we do appreciate your understanding. We're learning about the strengths and limitations of our system as we go along and all of these learnings help us to look at how we might improve things for our members in the future.

Thanks to you all for your patience with this stuff ๐Ÿผ

Thank you @Margot for your tenacity with all this - even though the outcome is what I suspected it may be it is great that you and your tech team has reached a conclusion for all this - albeit not one that we hoped. It has however only been an issue since the change to the Responsive format so hoping down the track this can be rectified in some way.

Thank you again for your time in trying to resolve this Smiley Happy

Thanks for being so understanding @Zoe7 We really appreciate your feedback on Responsive too - helps us to learn from the changes ๐Ÿฆ‹ I hope you enjoy the rest of your night ๐ŸŒป

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance