Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Eating disorder

Hi @BlueBay 

Hearing you.

It’s your dietician who can help you with this.  It’s his / her job and they help people with this sort of challenging thought pattern all the time.  It’s something they can give you strategies for, and take things in baby steps to help you feel better about yourself.

Hugs ❣️

Thsnks @Faith-and-Hope  Xxxx

i will need to tell my dietitian. 

💜 @BlueBay ....

Have you been in touch with eating disorders Qld ? 

They are based in Toowong and I have and are currently finding them to be a great help. Be honest with your dietician she/he is there to help and throw away the scales they are only a number and you are so much more then that.

An eating disorder can't be fixed in one day but with help and a listening ear it does get better this i promise you 

Hi @SnowWhite  thsnks for your reply. 
I do have a great dietitian who is very caring supportive and listens with no judgement. 
I did put the scales away but yesterday I got my daughter to give it to me. Nothings changed. Which then made me angry. i struggke bevsuse I need to know the numbers dropping. That way I know I'm losing. im in Victoria snd have been in contact. 
can I ask you - have or did you have an eating disorder? 

hi hun, 

I have an eating disorder, it's called an unclassified one as it doesn't fall into the bulima or Anorexia catagory 

That's difficult @SnowWhite 

are you having therapy or treatment for it? 
I see a psychologist for this as well as my depression BPD and ptsd. She and my dietitian wirk from the same hospital. 

Hi @SnowWhite and welcome to the forums 👋

I am sorry to hear this is something you are struggling with, but I am also glad that you have support from the Queensland eating disorders support services, and it’s helping.

My husband has an undiagnosed unspecified eating disorder.  It is really hard to pick up because he is in denial - seemingly unaware that it is an eating disorder - and yet he is masking symptoms that would reveal it.  It also doesn’t fit into either anorexia or bulimia.  It has the tell-tail symptoms missing, and the ones that aren’t missing are passed off as other things.  It is so encouraging and inspiring to hear from you.  Keep going 💐💕

I was anorexic for a few years while at uni. I completed a swab test for genetic testing for an anorexic wordwide study. I am hoping to help others.

Food was the one thing I could control. My parents moved away so I couldn't live with them, I found uni hard and it induced my anxiety. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance