Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Eating disorder

Hi @asdf and welcome to the forums.

I am so sorry to hear that you have had these struggles, but that is brilliant, to give towards finding solutions that way.

Go you ❣️

If my hubby tells me one more time that "chips are not good for me, they're fattening" I'm going to scream. 
it's bad enough I have an eating disorder I do t need him to harp on about what food I can have and can't hsve. 
Last night he bought a bag of popcorn. I said "is that all you buy I wanted chips" he's reply "well this is better for you" with that I had none. 
im struggling so much that I don't need negative feedback. 
I forgot to tell my dietitian yesterday. 
he won't be happy. 
I don't need this with everything else I'm going through. 😢

So as a result from the above post I had a bad eating day this afternoon. 
I'm not in control when this happens. 
Emailed my dietitian. He wants me to talk about this with my psychologist. But he'll chat with me at my next appt. 

@Faith-and-Hope @Owlunar @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Maggie @Gazza75 @MDT and others following 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi BlueBay

I can relate to you a little bit. I use to comfort eat or emotional eat a lot. And still do sometimes. Thing is its not our fault. Some foods are highly addictive to some people almost like a drug. The manufacturers know this so they put stuff in foods to keep us going back for more. I have issues with chips too, mainly hot ones. In the past I have made my own though. This does help with the comfort food craving there. Just make them without oil and you can put them in an air fryer. Anyway just wanted you to know your not alone in this food issue.

In the past I have hid food, mainly junk food. Chocolate is not my friend at all. Despite it calling out to me big time, and these times are when  I am struggling emotionally. 

Like I said you are not alone in this. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance