Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Hey @Teej. So enjoy seeing you around 🙂 Lots of feels reading your post. So, so great that you made it through those intense feelings and thoughts. I understand the crash that happened post exams for you. The post hectic, busy, important stuff happening time has been a time of risk for me in the past too, and will probably continue to be a time I need to watch for. Glad today is OK. Also glad your psych has your back. Always a good thing 👍

I love that your therapist has a tree for you, and that you have been trying to push yourself to do the Christmas thing, though sad to hear it is a difficult, stressful one for you to be thinking of. I'm not loving the idea of Christmas this year either (to the point where I've tried to avoid the shops with all their baubles and lights up) though I probably say that most years. It's stress and money and busy and can be so over the top. But is fun and exciting and joyful too. It's all the emotions. As a feeler, all the emotions isn't the best mix 😏 It's good that you have someone to work it through with.

Big go you with what you've managed today 🙂! Today was a good day for me too. I did a school thing this morning, had a helpful appointment with my MH worker, worked out some NDIS goals for my planning meeting (reeeeally struggled with that but got there), and spent time with my yarn. Some stress happening this afternoon with parents, but nothing unusual there really. I'm trying really hard but kind of failing to recognise/respect my limits sometimes. There is only so much I can do and I have to be OK with that, which sucks and I find tricky. Owning a fix-it brain is annoying sometimes!

Hoping your evening is a calm and good one. Big hugs and lots of these ❤❤❤

@Teej @CheerBear @Queenie @Mazarita a little brightness for your day...

Related image

Good to hear from you today, @Queenie. Really glad you are in a good place for the time being, and are learning new things for managing your mental health. Practising acceptance and focussing on strengths you do have is a good approach to life for any of us. At the same time I find it amazing that you are continuing to achieve study goals while you are in there! Hope things settle with the manic feelings soon and that you are able to sleep and relax. Heart

@Zoe7, thanks for the tag and the flowers. Hope Friday night and the weekend treats you well. Heart

@Teej@CheerBear, sending some of these your way too. Heart Heart

Missed seeing your post earlier @Queenie. Great to hear from you and to know you're somewhere that can help and support you. Hope things calm soon ❤

Hi to @TheVorticon. Just thinking of you wondering how you're going. No need to reply if you can't/don't want to, but here if you'd like 😎

Thinking of you too @TheVorticon .... are you keeping busy ? 

It was lovely to read your post @Queenie .... lovely in hearing that you are working on acceptance, both of low outside communication, and working with the conditions and nature of your mi challenges.  So well done on your studies ❣️  It is inspiring.  I am loving my course, and it sounds like you are too, despite the hardships.  I love that you are studying in the mental health field.

@Teej.... well done on battling that dragon within.  Your therapist is so lovely, giving you her father’s tree to use .... I was going to mention to you and @CheerBear that I have collected some sticks for a big vase, but any container will do.  I don’t have them here.  They are in the-home-I-have-left-behind ....

I attach things to the sticks, often seasonally .... anything that pleases my heart, weather it’s a found feather, or something someone has sent or given to me ..... gift-wrapping ribbon often, and cards.  I am not setting up a Christmas tree here this year because we are going away, but there will be a few days that I will be here without my family (they are all heading back west ahead of me) and I have decided to go collecting sticks ..... I will put something Christmas on them, even if it’s collagen decorations from junk mail .... in fact I think that is exactly what I will do.  I will try to find some woven-paper decoration ideas and post them to the art thread for anyone to give them a go ....

You have inspired me .... ❤️

Thanks @CheerBear and @Faith-and-Hope.

I'm doing mostly ok. I've just been really tired and not getting enough sleep through the week which has made things tough.

How are you both doing?

Hey @TheVorticon 🙂 Good to see you.

I've been feeling a bit the same with not enough sleep making things tough. I have a new med to try for it but it gives me a terrible hangover.

How's the weekend looking for you?

Sorry to hear you haven't been getting enough sleep either and that the med has that sort of side effect @CheerBear.
I haven't scheduled anything for myself this weekend which is both good and bad.
Do you have a busy weekend with the LF?

Understanding the good and bad with that @TheVorticon. Maybe some rest and downtime could be a good thing. Hve you had any time/want to play with your yarn (or another crafty thing) lately?

I'm not sure if it will be busy this weekend but we have a couple of things we'd like to do. They want to take bikes to a lake track. Theres a really cool beginners skate park there, good for little people to try out. I will visit the hospital at some stage probably, tag teaming with other adult here. Amazing weather here!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance