Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

how are you going tonight?  No pressure to talk either, thats more than ok. @Teej
sending some hugs too 💕

Edit: the picture didn't  come up  flowerz.jpg

Morning @Teej 🙂

Hugs for the freaking out and feeling like a truck has hit exhaustion. Really understanding how goals can be a source of ughness in a few ways. Goal setting has been a bit of a theme over the last couple of weeks for me as I'm at the planning stage of the (somewhat brain melting, soul destroying, bus smashing) NDIS process where setting goals is required. I really wanted to write that one of my goals was to actually have goals, but I didn't want that to sound like I was being a smart arse, even if it maybe kind of a little bit would have been. It's confronting and overwhelming to think ahead sometimes, in a way that is helpful for us.

I hope today has some moments of good in it for you. I feel like we need to bump one of the feel good threads up again soon, like the something that made me smile one or the highlight of your day one. I'll keep my eye out for that little something today, hoping you find it too even if you dont share it (though would love to hear about it).

Lots of these 💛💚🧡

Thanks @CheerBear. Not feeling so uggh just now but I am very anxious about appointment with psych today. Hopefully I’ll be able to sort some of it out. I have a busy day. Mindfulness group soon, then a break where I’m hoping the mindfulness will give me some thinking and focus to sort out tea for tonight as it’s family tea at our house. Then psych appointment. After I’ll need to focus enough to cook and clean. My big has offered to cook....but he won’t be home until late.....but he is a much better cook than me so I’ll have a fall back if my brain and body desert me after psych. 

Good idea with bumping the threads up again 👍🏻. I have some garden things to post at some point.....hmm which reminds me best if I go water some pots. 

I hope you find things that that make you smile today.

sorry @outlander I flopped last night in the end. I hope you find things to make you smile today too. 💜🤗

Oh wow @outlander i just saw the pic which is beautiful. The purple is amazing. Thank you 😊💜

your welcome @Teej
good luck with your psych appt today.
your post gave me a reason to smile, thank you
Heart

Hi @Teej, @outlander and all.

I hope your appointments went/will go well today Teej, and that you are able to focus enough to get what you want and need done, or that your big does help if you're not up for it.

Today I had a few smiles, mostly over pretty petaled things. I went the loooong way somewhere so I could walk through an awesome garden. Then I suggested we go a long way home to stop at a rose garden I remembered so well from last year. We almost missed the roses this year but there were some still out and looking beautiful. It was so nice to walk and have a moment with them.

I 'picked' these ones for you this morning. I have some from the second walk to post too, but will save them for a different thread.

20105.jpg

Hope it goes well tonight 😊

(Oops - might have helped to post the photo!)

I’m not sure why @CheerBear but the image hasn’t displayed yet ( @Former-Member?)

My appointment went ok. I’m feeling more like this psych has my back and that she wants to work with me which is a nice feeling......it sure beats wanting to throw a chair at the psychiatrists I’ve had in the past 😳🤦‍♀️. Side note - they were replacing glass there yesterday in the building and I couldn’t help but wonder if someone had thrown a chair 😯

Big helped lots yesterday. I really had smashed banana brain. We survived dinner. I really wish I could say more than we survived but everything still feels like just surviving something 😔

It was truly uplifting to read about your soul fulfilling walks. 

Ive had a little read and catch up on the other thread about where you are up to. I think you are doing so well juggling all that is on your plate. 

I am going in to see my therapist today. I wasn’t supposed to be but I’m feeling a little like Humpty Dumpty and need to be put together again and she had space to see me. This kind of putting me back together she is often good for so I’m hoping I won’t be such a mopey woe is me smashed banana brain after.....although it’s a bit of a big stretch just now and I’m not sure her magic wand will have the powers required. Maybe after I’ll be able to smell the roses again 🌹 🤞🏻🙏

I’ll have the rest of the day to myself which will be nice. Everyone is out for dinner. 

Hi @Teej. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will follow up with the Community Managers.

@Teej

I noticed the pic wasn't there this morning when I visited not logged in. It is there for me when I am logged in though, and it isn't in rejected stuff. Strange. I planted them with some roses in the community garden here and they've gone through OK 🙂

Glad to hear your psych has your back. I'm thinking it might be much more likely that you and your psych will build a strong working relationship that will help you, if there are no flying chairs 😉

Hearing you and big hugs for the just surviving things thing too. I think it was only this morning I was talking about looking forward to having a life beyond 'survive' or 'get through it' one day. I hope your therapist helps today and the pieces go back together so you can feel a bit better. If her wand doesnt work so well, I hope you find some kind of feel good in your afternoon/evening.

💙

Hello everyone from hospital,

It is so quiet here and subdued. It makes me nervous and watchful like something is bound to happen (but perhaps that's just me being paranoid?) The visual hallucinations are a lot less now thanks to some new antipsychotics but the voices remain. I just want to go home where I belong but I am afraid I'll collapse there too. I don't see my wife often and other than her, I don't get any visitors. I managed to plug away at a few assignments while here and passed them with flying colours. Small victories I guess. I also FINALLY heard back from one of the organisations I contacted regarding the NDIS. Here's hoping eh? I hope to have something set in place soon. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance