Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Has anyone else suffered bullying from PTSD Trauma?

Has anyone else been bullied by the reactions you are experiencing?

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Has anyone else suffered bullying from PTSD Trauma?

Hi @Former-Member
I'm not entirely sure what you mean would it be ok to give us a bit more information? As i don't want to go off on a tangent that's not what you mean 😄 hehe

@Former-Member Hi trainwreck I have and am not for PTSD but my reactions to situations due to my Bipolar and schizoaffective disorder. What can you do though suck it up I suppose ...

Hi @Former-Member @greenpea

In my own experience. I have been called crazy and have had a lot of others mock me. I have also been told to commit suicide. When i haven't wanted to go out or said no to someone etc i have been abused. I have also been told i deserved it etc. Mostly through social media. I have been made of. It is very hard not to turn into a monster yourself when others are attacking nor not knowing what i am going through. I hide a lot of what i feel daily.

@greenpea for how long though eventually you snap and it all comes out. I am sorry you have experienced this

@Former-Member Trainwreck I am currently going through hell because of exactly the same thing rl and social media bullying... my behaviour can be bizzarre but I am working on it. I am taking my mediations and trying to be 'normal' but I have been treated like a social pariah at times so yes I know exactly what you are saying and I feel for you I truly do because there is such a misunderstanding about mental illnes in our society. It is considered scary and you are right about the monster bit. Touche with everything you have written. Thank you.

@Former-Member I take my medication and am a very strong woman with two dysfunctional children so I wont snap nor will I bend or break. 

@greenpea I'm so sorry. My own can also be erratic. Feel for you too. I feel like most of the time i have no right to feel any of what i feel. I hate knowing others are walking on eggshells around me but i can't control it.
I hate being negative but i have only had negative. It is soooo hard. Most of the time i just want to scream do you honestly think i want to feel all these emotions and remember i would do anything not to feel or think of them.. The world is cruel

&greenpea you sound like a strong person. I feel like i am cracking more and more every day. I have removed myself from all social media sites

@Former-Member You are right there about the world being cruel ... it certainly is. If people were kinder and more understanding to each other it would be a better place for everyone. Some people just dont fit into the mold and they cannot help it. I am sorry you have been suffering too. 

Trainwreck thanks for letting me say something I have been d ying to say for ages 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance