Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Mazarita  Just booked the GP for Tuesday afternoon.  No the screens aren't installed yet.  Should be iin next couple of weeks.  Sil said last night she thinks it will really change my life.  I think so too.

Sorry, I haven't clocked what your heavy stuff was yesterday.  Want to talk about it?

EDIT!!:  I just re-read your post and it was my heavy stuff !!

@eth, I have kept a “portable studio” in a shopping trolley-bag for use at uni so far this year.  I have a big (giant) zip pencil case for ruler, scissors, tape, glue, small watercolour set, drawing pencils (in their own small pencil case within the big one) etc, along with a satchel full of books and folders and visual diary.  I don’t know if that helps you. Do you have a corner for a shopping trolley-bag ?  It means the artwork can be packed away into it and it can be trolleyed to the table and back to its corner, paper-based art stores in folders or postage tubes within it.

@eth, glad to hear you have booked the GP appointment for next week. I don't think you need a referral for physio if you pay out of your own pocket. But it might be an idea for the back issue to be checked out by the doctor first, if it is still a problem. Yes, it was your heavy stuff I was referring to.

I'm feeling pretty light at the moment, which is a huge relief after how heavy I felt just a month ago. My last dream of the night yesterday was a flying dream with wonderfully peaceful feelings. It's a very familiar type of dream I've had over my life. In these dreams I remember all the other dream times I have been able to fly. It's a skill I seem to have developed in dream space, more like floating over the ground than flying like superman. I am so convinced in my dream about how to do this that each time I awake from a dream like that, it takes some time to remember that I can't actually fly in the waking world.

I think the flyscreens will make a big difference to your future summers, being able to have all the doors or windows open, with lovely breezes, the outside world entering your interior world more. Hope it opens up your life in a good way.

@eth I am so sad that you went through so much dv and that you wear your battle scars (teeth) :(.  You are such a survivor you should be proud of yourself.... I hope you are. You day out sound fantastic. Very busy like Mazzy's and your worker sounds perfect 🙂 

You are off to bridge tomorrow arent you? I really hope you enjoy it and meet some nice people. I just don't have the lil grey cells for it ... *sigh* . My mi nurse said that my mind with the help of the medication will improve (as long as I keep on the meds) so that is a positive thing :).

Would swimming in one of those heated therapy pools help your back? I am thinking of buying a burkini (hehe!) and using one down the road from me as extra exercise as I don't like cold water only really hot water. Take care of yourself and have a lovely day love gp xxx

Thanks @Mazarita .... ❤️

Frittata sounds wonderful @eth.  Enjoy bridge ..... my mother used to play when she had the chance.  It brought a smile that it’s something you do too 😊

Brilliant idea @Faith-and-Hope  Yes I do have a market trolley.  Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in responding To you and @Mazarita @greenpea I was ordering some baby things to be delivered to my adult child from Target.  I'm getting excited as bub will probably arrive within a week to 10 days.

@Mazarita I love flying dreams.  I have had them a lot over the years.  For me it's like doing breaststroke in the air and then I can hover and just float down.  It feels so real at the time.

@greenpea  Thanks.  I've had other types of assault too.  In my life an average of once every 8 or 9 years.  Hence the PTSD being so complex.

Just bridging with sil's mum next door so far.  Beginner's lessons don't start again til Feb '19.  She's a great teacher, very clear and patient.

Yes getting in a warm pool would be great.  The ones I've been to here so far havent' been warm enough tho'.  Might try a different one next week if there's time - maybe with the sunday sw.

@eth How wonder re: bubby! Hoping the birth goes smoothly. Very exciting news indeed 🙂

@eth, that's okay with the delay. I can only imagine how wonderful it must be to be awaiting a new grandchild. While you were doing that, I took the time to put away the folded washing, wash and dress in readiness for going out a bit later. Smiley Happy

@Mazarita Mazzy life seems to be going on the up and up for you which is wonderful. Makes the pea a very happy pea indeed 🙂

Your support for the good times is much appreciated, @greenpeaSmiley Very Happy Heart

@eth, totally relate to your breaststroke flying. Sometimes for me it's like treading water in the air too. I like thinking of us both having those same kind of dreams.  Woman Happy Heart

Well, it's time for me to off and out. Thanks so much for the lovely chat this morning. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the day, or at least parts of it. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance