Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

"bubble thing" @outlander ?  

@Determined - thanks,  many are pressuring me to put him in care,  they forget i'm a nurse i think.  What do they think they do with them in care?  I've had management roles in Aged Care facilities, they're all overstretched to come close to the 1:1 care at home. I think its a good thing D but it helps to kniw somwone else does too.  Thanks ❤

Yep @Former-Member hoping his do ntist can aqueeze him in

Sorry @Former-Member, sent to soon.

I just wanted to say thinking of you at the moment. I think it is a wonderful thing you are doing for your Dad. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Any chance of emergency dental appt Monday?

Former-Member
Not applicable

His dentist is close atm @Former-Member but I'll be ringing first thing Monday. Will pobably have to cancel my Shoulder Cortisone injection booking &/or psych apt. Such is life. Wonder if i can muster one of the brothers to take him?

Today dad wanted to go to the shops, got quite insistant actually, but didn't know which shop or what he wanted (couldn't find the words). I insisted he change his inc aids first, so had a win there, but just as we're about to leave, bro3 turns up. Asked him if he could take dad out for a coffee & shop... but he said "no, not feeling well, and not a spontaneous person... i need to plan these things a day or two before... ... " Unbelievable!
A fn ago, when I asked Bro4 to take dad to the Barber, i got a similar diatribe... they don't work or have a family, i just don't understand.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ah, he ate his toast today but at least he's not refusing to go to dentist now. Well & truly overdue (like mine lol)
I had a great sleep last night, and sleep in - dads shower nurse woke us 0830 😁

Yeah @Former-Member where you imagine your in a bubbles and the negative stuff bounces off. Im sure thats what I read could just be my imagination though lol
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hope you can work the dentist around your own appts @Former-Member

Important to look after your own health too. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Will try @Former-Member, bit nervous about this cortisone injection though. Just had Brizzy friend say she's flying to Sydney to see her son & could i meet her on his trainline for coffee Tues?  ☺😫😏... will try, or not. Dad's not suppose to be left alone long. Her son's forever visiting her,  and this is the 2nd time shes come to Sydney since i've been here.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

I hope you can sort something out @Former-Member. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

How did things work out in relation to dental and other appts @Former-Member

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance