Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

thank you @outlander, @Faith-and-Hope, @Adge

tomorrow is a new day Heart

Indeed it is @Shaz51

Oh poor @Shaz51.  That does not sound nice at all.  I really hope it resolves quickly, and that it is not the gall bladder.  Try your best to hydrate.

Sherry 

@Shaz51

How do you feel about officially becoming your mum's carer?

it does not make any difference to me @Former-Member, I would look after my mum anyway and over the years the care has been getting more and more Heart

I was the same with my dad @Shaz51, we do it anyway. I went for it eventually to get recognition more than anything. The carer's allowance is only $9 day (i use to work for $30hr so, yeah - 30x24=720😏), not that we're 'at it' 24/7 but 9 might cover your petrol Shaz. Lije i said - its more about the recognition, the paperwork, having a dr say its needed - especiallt in my case where nobody else would 'step up' and with 2 vindictive siblings who just want to shove him in a home & forget about him, or bitch about his care (seen the type), i needed that recognition for dad too. Everyone's different.

very true @Former-Member and as I am the only chid now , mum wants to stay in her own home until she goes so I am filling her wishes xxxxx

My dad's the same. They're lucky to have us @Shaz51
°.*\( ˆoˆ )/*.°

Hello @TAB, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @outlander, @Faith-and-Hope, @Determined, @Adge, @Appleblossom, @PeppiPatty, @Smc, @Bella1978,

feeling a overwhelmed with all the things the doctor has arranged with me now having diabetes with kidney disease stage 4

while I am arranging appts for my mum and mr shaz , paperwork everywhere

Wow. Sorry @Shaz51 you still sound on top of things that’s good
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance