Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Club

Re: long-term trauma & abuse, BPD, relationship breakdowns, lack of support/community, difficulty finding work

I love seeing your vivacious spirit @magnolia84 .

Please know things can and DO change. You are in the driver's seat. Steer your life the way you want, moving forward 🙂

If you'd ask me 15 years ago, I thought I'd be 6ft under by now. To this day, I'm still in awe that things changed to be what they are today.

When I look back, my life was absolutely terrible. Each day was just another day closer to the end.

Mark my words, things CAN change. But it will be hard work.

Re: long-term trauma & abuse, BPD, relationship breakdowns, lack of support/community, difficulty finding work

Thank you @tyme I really appreciate your encouragement.

Unfortunately lots of aspects of my life are over but I'm still pushing on. That's all we can do right?

Hey @magnolia84 ,

There is an element of loss that comes with things that are 'over'. Yet from what I learnt with my BPD journey is that the end of one journey is a new door opening to the next.

The rest is then up to you. How are you going to approach this new (sometimes scary) journey?

What is it that you want from life?

Remember, YOU are the driver. You have power. We can't control how windy and bumpy the road is, but we can control the vehicle we are in.

I believe in you.

Hope you hear from you soon!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance