Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

Hey @Shaz51 Smiley Happy

Hi @Bill16 What sports do you follow - most of us here like soccer and some rugby league and AFL - they are the 3 we talk about most anyway lol

@Bill16, said he is watching footy this afternoon @Zoe7 , so I might have to tune in too and have a look xx

@Bill16 I follow both soccer (football) and rugby league. My favourite team in the A League is Brisbane Roar and in the EPL I follow Liverpool FC. My fav rugby league teams are NQ Cowboys (despite them almost getting the wooden spoon this year) and Brisbane Broncos.

For some reason I never really got into AFL. I guess because I don't know the rules. 

That is AFL then @Shaz51 Melbourne vs West Coast - I am about to watch that too. Whoever wins today I hope wins the grandfinal next week. 

That is just what @TAB said @Zoe7 West Coast v Melbourne guess @Shaz51 @boot

I am Liverpool also @Queenie - nice to meet a fellow fan Smiley Very Happy

I don't have a team I am passionate about in the A-League but Wellington Phoenix I kind of follow. Parramatta is my league team - so neither of us did much this past season. AFL is my favourite sport but watch my team play in soccer and league each week. 

AFL champ

What team @Bill16?

Hi @Zoe7 @Bill16 @Shaz51@Queenie@MDT

And everyone here that loves sports!

I'm an AFL girl- I love the Brisbane Lions and was an old Fitzroy girl back in the day- and I love NRL as well - Melbourne Storm girl but initially was a Sydney City Rooster girl before they came along! I've been to several games if both sports but I have to say I now prefer the excitement of NRL over AFL compared to when I was little. Billy Slater and Cam Smith are my favourite players for the Storm so I was very happy for the boys last night to make it to the big 1😊! I'm nervous about Billy though and don't think he'll play in the Grand Final due to the shoulder charge. As for the Lions, I'm still a believer and know they'll get back to the days of 2001-2003 when they beat Essendon then Collingwood twice after that in the big 1. Until then, I'm cheering on the Eagles to win next week! As for other sports, I like watching the tennis and I'm a fan of the 20/20 cricket, as well as swimming and the gymnastics and ice skating when they're on TV. 

@Judi9877 I'm a Lions girl through and through - the same as you I was Fitzroy before Brisbane. Our last game in Melbourne was against Richmond and I will never forget them all staying on the field when two wreaths were layed in the centre square - I was at that game! I think we have a good future with a good team developing. We do need another couple of players though - definitely a strong, athletic midfielder and another backman as Hodge is getting slow and only has one year left in the playing side of things. It will good to have Cameron back in the forward line next year.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance