Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

Hey @Jeff11025 , thanks for sharing, hope your doing ok

Hey @PeacefulDolphin ,

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to introduce yourself.

Hey all, new member here. Just turned 68 which is a bit depressing in itself πŸ˜€. I’m lucky enough to be physically well but head can be a bit of a mess. I was diagnosed with HIV in 1985 which pretty much shaped the rest of my life. Psychologically pretty much been diagnosed with the lot over the years. Depression, anxiety, ptsd, survivor guilt, don’t sleep well but the latest is a bit bipolar. I’ve been through meds for most of it but they didn’t really agree with me so I manage the lot with being in touch with my body and exercise, gym usually a few times days a week. I cope quite well with it all, cry a lot in movies and any commercial with a dog in it. The lows are easier now I now where they come from and I tend to ride the highs but it is new to me. 

Hello @Finally68, welcome to the forums!

I hear you with the lucky to be physically well part, I am also grateful for that everyday but it would be nice if our brains got the memo wouldn't it? Good on you for staying on top of things by keeping connected to your body with exercise, that is so good to hear. I also have bipolar disorder and I completely relate to the last bit you said about the lows getting easier and riding the highs, you are not alone. Really nice to meet you πŸ’œ

Hi. I'm new here. I am 38 years old and was diagnosed with Bipolar II about ten years ago. I still find it difficult to cope and I haven't really built up (or know how to use) a string sorry network outside of my psychiatrist and psychologist.

I have had mental health issues, mainly relating to depressive episodes, since my late teens. I kept trying to tell people I needed help but it wasn't until my 20s that I feel I was finally able to get someone to listen.

Welcome to the forums @Spookums 

I hear that building up a network of support outside of those services can be hard, but reaching out here is a really great step. I can see that you've already engaged with a few different threads which is awesome. There's a great community here and I'm sure you'll be able to connect with others who also have a lived experience of Bipolar in no time

G'day @Spookums @Finally68 ,

Great to have you with us. Thank you for sharing a little about yourselves.

What are some things you are interested in?

Let`s talk about Bipolar may be a good place to start for you @Spookums .

@Finally68 , you may want to hang out with members here at Share a cuppa?

We look forward to hearing from you.

I beat you @tyme πŸ₯°

Did you see the cassowaries I posted on Join us on our virtual walk around Australia! πŸ˜Š

Impressive! I just went to have a look! @Shaz51 Truly amazing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance