Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 26th May, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: SANE Counsellor, Amour_Et_Psyché!

Ok wonderful people, last question for the night 🙂 Heart

After the meditation..What was the noticeable change in you, in pressing pause on the external world for those ten minutes?

@Amour_Et_PsychĂ© @Shaz51 @NatureLover @Kritika @frog Heart

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 26th May, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: SANE Counsellor, Amour_Et_Psyché!

Thank you.

Not practised with official meditations at all @Amour_Et_PsychĂ© ...I do a lot of private thinking but I'm not sure if that is proper meditating. Maybe I need more practice at the proper meditations!

@nashy  controlled aggresion, frustration, mixed feelings. looking forward for dinner.

I think the most noticeable change was relief - here was something I hadn't realised I needed to do. And here it was, and I could accept the need to do it and actually forgive myself, or start the process anyway. 

@Kritika thank you for sharing, sounds like a lot of mixed emotions. Super glad to hear you're looking forward to dinner Heart Hope something nice is on the menu!

Beautiful @NatureLover really makes me smile to hear this. Especially the point where you noted "starting the process". I need to remind myself the whole journey is a process. Forget this often Smiley Very Happy

mine was relief too @NatureLover@nashy@Amour_Et_PsychĂ© 

felt terrible since i have come home until now 

Yes @nashy , I may probably need to get into the details down the track.

Thank you to you and @Amour_Et_PsychĂ©  for presenting this meditation session - the topic was unexpected but a very good one. And by the way, I did this whole one on my phone, and it went fine.

@nashy I feel I stopped feeling anxious about what I have to do tomorrow and I stopped ruminating on my tiredness. I was focused on the meditation topic and became present throughout the course of the meditation. In this vein, I again wanted to deeply acknowledge how complex mental health issues can challenge one's ability to be present in the moment in various ways (i.e. because of symptoms, trauma, etc.). I realise that this can lead one to be unforgiving towards themselves for not being able to be present and/or do  “better” either in their lives or for the people they love. However, being present and doing well isn't easy when  you are bombarded with various life priorities and living with complex mental health issues in our fast-paced world. You are trying the best you can given your circumstances and that is worthy of acknowledgement and praise! Heart As I iterated earlier, practising both mindfulness and self-forgiveness can in fact help you to become more present, let go of shame and allow space in your life for self-growth and personal transformation. It's hard work as @frog and @nashy mentioned, but it's worth it because YOU are worth it! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance